Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Damn Dam


Alas it has been around two years since my last post, I am a slacker apparently. But working with blogs in my public relations class reminded me of how much I complain about yet don't add to this blog. However today this will change.

So let's start with the good news first. I was paid fifty-dollars from a Uconn Dental School student to work on one of my many cavities for a exam. The fifty-dollars plus free work is what convinced me. But now four and half hours later I may be rethinking my choice. What was to be a simple cavity and filling turned into a holy hell.

Let me introduce you to the dental dam. My new worst enemy. Wearing this contraption for four hours is bad enough, it's hard to breathe, saliva builds in your mouth till you feel you may drown and frankly it hurts. But all this pain is not enough until they publicly humiliate you and make you walk around the dental school with this contraption not once, nor twice or even three times because if your in my shoes you'll have to walk around five times.
I don't know if other students and doctors find this funny but you cannot talk just like when they're fingers are in your mouths; but they sure think you can.
Do they take special classes in understanding the mumbling of patients or is it a learned talent.
Alas I have fifty dollars in my pocket and a free filling. Let's just hope theres no dental dams in my future because I will throw a temper tantrum.
Beware world, beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment