Followers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Say No: Snakes on the Loose

As I sat munching on some Ruffles on my 15 minute break at work I continually pondered the book I was reading. Is it any good? Why am I reading this? If this was my story I would... Only to be interrupted by the disenchanting buzz that is my cell phone. It's Brittany. My best friend, roommate and more often than not partner in crime...
Our usual way of speaking is rather brutal calling each other every viable curse word we can string together; forming our own dictionary of brushoffs. Instead of a snarky response I get a sniveling hard to comprehend "I Love You."
To make matters worse I'm informed that our 2nd floor apartment was not only invaded but is still even now a house of horrors.
Somehow (and I still wonder) how this demon being maneuvered it's way inside. I feel violated and my goosebumps have yet to decrease. 2 hours. 2 hours is what I have till I leave this place. This place is my sanctuary. What I once thought of as a boring drab musty library is now the one place I feel safe. I may have found a roach in the very desk I am sitting at now but at least no slithering beings will caress my ankle or eat me for lunch.
I fear home. Buddy Luv is there. I cannot leave him for death. A brutal death that is sure to follow. But how can I go back there? How can I enter this place now? What if there are more? In my 22 years of living there, the closest a snake ever came to my apartment was the outside window ledge in the living room after climbing the trellis of ivy that covers the entire front of the house.
If you've ever seen Anaconda, Indiana Jones or hell even any movie where a snake makes a cameo and u shiver then put yourself in my shoes. Would u feel safe? There can be more! I mean lord they could be biding there time till I go to sleep and then the whole family will come out of hiding.
TOO BAD. I have some options. I just have to see what works for me..

No comments:

Post a Comment